Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Friday 13 January 2012

I DO judge a book by their cover (1)

   ' I DO judge a book by their cover' is a weekly meme started by me! 
Every Friday, I would be featuring one upcoming book (2012//2013) and write my opinion on its cover. Aside from blabbing about how much I love/loathe a cover, it's  good for me since apart from wanting to be a lot of things when I'm older, one of my dream is to become a graphic designer. So, yeah.



COVER THOUGHTS ::: This would have attracted my attention from afar. I admit, it took a great time before I like this cover, but the more that I see and look at it, the more I think it's a beautiful cover. It's striking, aesthetically appealing, and it's use of bold colours (red) won me over. You know I prefer symbolic images or logos rather than a person  on a book cover. Or one of THOSE girls in one of THOSE pretty dresses that doesn't even make sense whatsoever. 

By looking at this cover, you can see Harper Collins/Katherine Tegen Books are marketing this book towards more boys than girls (both) and I think it's fab. I also heard there's a male protagonist in a futuristic society, yay!

I would rate this: 
A BOOK COVER THAT I WOULD LIKE AS MY OWN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...