Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Sunday 18 March 2012

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It’s a super fun meme where we gush about the books/swags  we got during the week!



 FOR REVIEW (Netgalley)                                       ::: 04  :::

:The Princesses of Iowa - M. Molly Backes
The Selection
- Kiera Cass
This is not a Test
- Courtney Summers
When you were Mine
- Rebecca Serle

 FOR REVIEW                                                          ::: 04  :::

:Dear Bully - 70 Authors :Already read, a very powerful book about bullying, recommend!:
: Ashes - Ilsa J. Bick :ZOMBIES.:
: Eve - Anna Carey :A fast-paced and riveting dystopian. Like a lot.:

 BOUGHT                                                                ::: 03  :::

: Pure (Covenant #2) - Jennifer L. Armentrout :Already read. And loved. The best sequel EVER. A favourite. : 
: Lips Touch: Three Times - Laini Taylor :It's got ILLUSTRATIONS, people. 'Nuff said. :
: Forgotten - Cat Patrick :Already read:


 BOUGHT  (Kindle)                                                 ::: 05  :::

: Balthazar - Claudia Gray :Actually haven't read the Evernight series, but I really want to read this and it's a stand-alone apparently:
: Hushed - Kelley York
: The Butterfly Clues
- Kate Ellison
: Sometimes It Happens
- Lauren Barnholdt
: Wanderlove
- Kirsten Hubbard

 GIFTED                                                                 ::: 02  :::

: Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins :Read this last year, and already own a hardcover, but the lovely Mel from Goodreads sent this paperback to me as a gift *HUGS*:
: 10 Things We Shouldn't Have Done - Sarah Mlynowski

{So what did YOU get this week?} 

My little rant about the condition of PURE when it arrived on Friday: 

Was so pissed off at the fact that THAT Amazon UK seller couldn't care less about my item and the book arrived in a shite condition. Seriously, the front, the top and the spine looks like it's been attacked by monsters and are now filled with creases(!). Also, the delivery took more than 2 weeks (WTF) and I paid 3 pounds more than the average selling price for this. I spent my morning emailing my rant to them. I would NOT let this go unnoticed. Nuh uh. I treat my books like babies, and I expect book sellers to do the same.

7 comments:

  1. Aww that sucks about the Amazon situation! I know what you mean though...I pre-ordered The Fault in Our Stars from Amazon Canada...and instead of receiving the book the day it came out like I should have...I got it two weeks late! I was so upset! Oh well! Looks like the rest of your books are great though :) Nice IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I just hate it when that happens - sometimes I just prefer going to a bookstore instead of buying online 'cause then YOU get to pick the best and new condition one lol :)

      Delete
  2. Great Mailbox this week! I have really got to start reading J.L Armentrout books everyone seems to love that, I feel out of the loop lol. I'm also crazy jealous you have a copy of The Selection!! I can't wait to read that one =D

    My IMM & Birthday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Yes, you REALLY do have to read J.L Armentrout's books! She's my favourite author and her LUX series (Obsidian and Onyx) are my favourite :P Hahaha I can't wait to read The Selection aswell but heard quite mixed things about that one though :/

      Delete
  3. Yay for Anna and the French Kiss. It's one of my favourite contemporary books <3
    You can find my Mailbox here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to read ASHES!

    And I hope you enjoy HUSHED. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it! So many books, so little time :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...