Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Thursday 2 August 2012

Review: Inbetween - Tara Fuller

Author: Tara Fuller
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Release Date: August 28th 2012
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Pages: 400
Source: For Review (thank you so much to Entangled)

Since the car crash that took her father’s life two years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky—and unending—lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left...his soul.
I was a bit reluctant to read this at first. I mean, reapers?! Even the name sounds freaking scary. And I'm a little scaredy cat. The only YA reaper book I've read was Croak (Gina Damico) and I didn't like that one at all. Didn't even finish it. So before starting this I was like 'WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE THIS TOO?' Well. I can tell you I've never been so wrong in my life. Tara's debut INBETWEEN is definitely one of my most favourite reads of 2012. It has everything I want in a book. Don't believe me? Well carry on reading.

I completely fell in love with all of the characters. Especially the side characters. They all had different personalities and added unique things to the story. Which made the story more unforgettable, more complex and just all around full of awesome. Anaya and Cash = LOVE THEM! I can't wait for their story coming out next year (I think!). But that's not to say I didn't adore our main characters Emma and Finn. They were both very lovable characters that you couldn't help but root for them. The chemistry between them was WHOA. This is what romance should be like. 

The plot is definitely the best part of this book for me. It was layered, complex and very intriguing. Along the way, we get information and flashbacks about what really happened and I couldn't put my kindle down. I read this in one sitting. The ending was very sweet and felt complete. Anyway, I just completely fell in love with the world Tara created in INBETWEEN. The whole inbetween, heaven and hell is one of my favourites to read about EVER. There's not enough words to describe how much I love the setting and the world. BRILLIANT.

The antagonist is one of the best that I've read. She's still a bitch, but you can't help but feel sorry for her. I love it when writers can make me feel something else rather than hatred to the villain. It makes it more realistic and believable, aswell.

Overall an unforgettable plot, lovely writing, a great cast of characters and a very swoon-worthy romance. INBETWEEN is a must read for everyone. Paranormal at its best.  Definitely going to pre-order this right now! 

~ Oh, and this book was my 3rd favourite out of 20 books I've read in July. Just after (1) Deity, and (2) My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century. ~


Oh and I just had to mention this real fast. I think Entangled is my favourite publisher. Seriously. There's so many awesome books! Obsidian, Inbetween, My Super Sweet Sixteenth (just to name the latest I've read from them), and not to mention their very sexy adult titles! Thank you for allowing me to review this! :D

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review and taking the time to read my book Jana! So glad you liked Inbetween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I honestly wasn't too interested in this at first, but all the hype got on to me and I decided to add to my TBR. Glad it doesn't diappoint! ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...