Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Thursday 30 August 2012

Review: The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa

Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: October 23rd 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy/Paranormal
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 379
Source: Netgalley

Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’s dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myths and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

My name is Ethan Chase. And I may not live to see my eighteenth birthday.


I really think you should read the Iron Fey series before this otherwise you might get confused. This takes place 12 years after the original series, and when I first heard that it's going to be about Ethan, I was like YAY!! I was so excited to see where Julie was going to take his story.

I guess this is better than the Iron King since Meghan annoyed me so much. I really liked Ethan. He's one of those broken, hiding-as-a-jerk guys that you can't help but fall for. I was also immersed with his narration. I'm still a bit undecided about Kenzie though. I've lost count how many times she called Ethan 'tough guy'. *Gag* Yes. We get it.

What made this a three star was probably the writing. I just couldn't get into it and it kinda ruined the book for me. Hmm I know a lot of peeps enjoy Julie's writing, but I unfortunately don't. :( Which was why it took me so effing long to read this. The beginning hooked me, then after a couple of chapters, I just couldn't get into it. But with others saying they really loved this, I knew I had to give this another chance.

Though I loved the whole idea of the Forgotten. It's a very creative idea! I don't read a lot of faery books but I thoroughly enjoy this series. 

My favourite characters by far was Keirran and Annwyl. They were just so sweet and adorable. Love them both. I want Julie to write more about them :P. And since I pretty much forgot what happened in the Iron Fey series (I know, my memory's crap!), I didn't see THAT revelation coming. But I'm really scared to read about the sequel - if you've read the title, you'll see why). 

Grimalkin and Puck. Enough said.  :D

Overall, I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected. Not one of my favourites of 2012, but it was an enjoyable read.


1 comments:

  1. Grimalkin and Puck (AND Ash) are pretty much the main reason I'm so excited to start this new series! xD And the fact that we get to see little Ethan all grown up! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...