Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (22) - Perfection by J.L Spelbring

PERFECTION by J.L SPELBRING



May 7th 2013
~ Spencer Hill Press ~

The personification of Aryan purity, Ellyssa's spent her whole life under her creator's strict training and guidance; her purpose is to eradicate inferior beings. She was genetically engineered to be the perfect soldier: strong, intelligent, unemotional, and telepathic.

Only Ellyssa isn't perfect.

Ellyssa feels emotions--a fact she's spent her life concealing. Until she encounters the epitome of inferiority: a dark-haired boy raised among renegades hiding since the Nazis won the war a century ago. He speaks to her telepathically, pushing thoughts into her mind, despite the impossibility of such a substandard person having psychic abilities.

But he does.

His unspoken words and visions of a place she's never visited make Ellyssa question her creator. Confused and afraid her secret will be discovered, Ellyssa runs away, embarking on a journey where she discovers there is more to her than perfection.
Add to Goodreads


Wow! Another dystopian, but this sounds pretty good! And unique! Imagine the world now if the Nazis won = pretty genius if you ask me! (which makes me wonder why no one has done this yet) And umm she got me at the 'dark haired boy' YES YES YES PLEASE. Gimme this book now!! I don't think I can wait until May '13 to read this baby! (Can I just say that it's published by Spencer Hill Press, so it's bound to be phenomenal ;)


Cover Thoughts: At first glance, I wasn't a fan - it was just a simple face and the title and author's name. I kinda want to kick myself for not noticing the butterfly(?) thingy inside her eye! Unfortunately, that's the only aspect that I like in this cover.

So, what are YOU waiting for this week? And what do you think about PERFECTION?

3 comments:

  1. Great WoW pick, and thanks for the Spencer Hill love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this cover and it sounds so good. Great pick.

    Here's my version of WoW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the highlight!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...