Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (36)

OF BEAST AND BEAUTY
by Stacey Jay

Of Beast and Beauty
July 23rd, 2013
 ~ Delacorte Books for Young Readers ~

 In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city's vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.

Isra wants to help the city's Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan's enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

As secrets are revealed and Isra's sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love.
Add to Goodreads
 
I've never read a book by Stacey Jay before so I don't know anything about her writing and what-not but when I read the summary of OF BEAST AND BEAUTY I couldn't stop squealing!! I love love love Beauty and the Beast retellings (well..Beauty and the Beast is my favourite fairytale and Disney movie so) and I want this book now! I just feel like it's going to be one of my top books read in 2013!!

Cover Thoughts:
 
It's elegant. Simple. Enchanting. I mean, come on! The colours on this cover is so dark and romantic and GAH. I just want to have it right now in my hands so I can hug it. Also, the 'rose' is very relevant since that is mentioned in the book summary. Yay! The font style is also very nice :)
 
So what do YOU think of my pick this week? And what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday? :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this until now! Thanks for the heads up because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale!

    Visit my WoW post here Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by this author before either, but I really like the sound of this book! The cover is wonderful too. Greta pick, Jana!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! I may occasionally be on Twitter, but if I don't get to speak to you until the new year - have a great Xmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...